NDSbackup is the best affordable backup utility for eDirectory (also 8.8.x) around. The program can also backup trustee file rights.
It is a windows utility that will create an object based backup of the eDirectory objects, object link information and optionally it backups the file rights (it will not backup files).
- Runs on a windows pc or server (windows2000 or higher)
- Runs also in a windows only environment
- Backups optionally the file-rights (extended version)
- (Sub)Tree backup is possible
- The datafile is offline (not on the same server as the eDirectory itself)
- The datafile is not a database, so no interface/installation problems
- Every backupfile contains the whole schema
- Multiple backupfiles (every day another file)
- Restore of a single object (and this links from other objects to the object)
- Restore (sub)tree (with class based filtering)
- Restore object to another location in the tree (with link repair)
- Restore object with attribute filtering
- Restore the file rights to existing objects without modifying the object
- Restore objects to another tree (usefull for migration)
- Restore filerights to another server (version 3.05.02)
- Backup as service or as windows gui process
- Email notification on complete
- and the best of all: it really WORKS!
Backup and restore are two separate programs.
At the moment there is no download available please send Email if you are interested.